Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Many projects, many thoughts

I have so many projects in my mind that my thoughts often get sidetracked from what I was originally doing by something else I need to be doing. Heck, I myself get confused. Since this is a low traffic site, at the moment, I thought I would use this blog as a tool, I am going to view this blog as an opportunity to help get my thoughts organized.

So, Mike, What are your projects, goals, and the steps needed to accomplish those goals.

Well, Mike, I'm glad you ask, because I was thinking along those same lines …
Overall, my projects are all inter-related so they are tough to separate, and that is a recurring theme, that we humans are complex creatures and our emotional side affects our mental and emotional aspects, as well as our outward social and financial selves. But let's just start with the big goal, Hometown Hero.



Hometown Hero

End goal: Franchise of employee owned restaurants.

Planning:
   People & suppliers
   Financing
   Location
   Customers and clients
   Corporate structure and legal
   Network of supporters
   Advertising (and TV & documentary film)

Then implementation, and done...

Note to self: I need to get across the interconnectedness of political power and economic power. Money controls the message and the people listen to the message. If a person makes 50,000 working for big corporation, then it can be assumed that person also created 50,000 for big corporation. Say ten percent goes to lobbying for corporation to screw person over …

If you buy from McDonalds, they will spend some of the money they got from you to lobby for lower wages.
If you work for McDonalds, they will spend some of the money you made them to lobby for lower wages.

So, eating, or working, for any large corporation, is an economic, and political, action. And you are expressing that you feel that large corporations should exploit workers, and keep ALL of the profits (rather than it being equitably divided between labor and capital) and further, you are wholeheartedly acquiescing to the fact that those profits will be promptly shipped out of your community, and off to big corporation headquarters, and then to Wall Street, and on to the one-percenters who own big corporation.

OK, back to what I was originally doing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment