Thursday, July 18, 2013

Moving Forward, My Way

I just graduated law school and am, of course, searching for a job and studying for the bar exam. The job hunt is frustrating and I have decided to add a new angle. I've heard advice that you need to be "out there" and, following this advice in the digital world meant to me starting a website. So I've basically decided that this blog will deal with all the loose ends, and that I would start a new website where I can concentrate on my obsession.

And, so, EquitablePrinciples.com was born. I've got the website basically up and running, but will be working at it daily to get it acceptable. I must admit that I was influenced some by James Altucher and his latest book, Choose Yourself. I am obsessed by employee-ownership and equitable capitalism, and everybody always advises to follow your heart, chase your dream, do what you love, etc, etc.

So, for me, to be "out there" and for me to "choose myself" involves me becoming an advocate for equitable principles. This is who I am. I respect Nucor and Publix and Raycom Media and want to advocate for these companies, and for their equitable principles.

There are plenty of companies I could denigrate, but I will not. I would rather praise the good than damn the bad. So that is my "day job" now --- praise the good rather than damn the bad.

I don't know how, but I believe this path will create opportunity and allow me to also be happy. I will only work for an organization that has ethics and follows equitable principles. Of course, it is possible that I will fail, or get hit by a bus tomorrow, but at least I can say I did it my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment